System Center 2012 RTM is Available To Download
Configuration Manger 2012 RC2 is now available for download on microsoft.com:
SCCM 2012 – Configuration Manager 2012 RC now supports SQL 2008 R2
As of 03/12/11 you’ll be pleased to know that SQL Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 is now supported for use with Configuration Manager 2012 Release Candidate 1.
In addition to Service Pack 1, you will also need to install Cumulative Update 3 (CU3) for SQL Server 2008 R2 SP1, as well as the hotfix described in KB2603910: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2603910.
However, please note that the hotfix for SQL 2008 R2 has currently been pulled again for some reason and isn’t available at the link above, I’ll update this post when it is, until then you would need to contact MS to obtain the hotfix.
SCCM 2012 RC1 released
Supported Configurations: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg682077.aspx
System Center 2012 Configuration Manager helps you to empower people to use the devices and applications they need to be productive, while maintaining corporate compliance and control. As more and more consumer devices enter the workplace, IT faces the challenge of delivering a rich experience to users across multiple devices – both personal and corporate-owned – without giving up the control needed to protect company assets. Configuration Manager provides a unified infrastructure for mobile, physical and virtual environments. Configuration Manager also helps you to be more efficient with simplified administrative tools and improved compliance enforcement.
New features in the release candidate include:
• Improved endpoint protection functionality, with integrated setup, management and reporting of System Center 2012 Endpoint Protection.
• Improved application catalog design that provides a better, more responsive experience when requesting and downloading applications.
• New support for Windows Embedded devices, including Windows Embedded 7 SP1, POS-Ready 7, Windows 7 Think PC, and Windows Embedded Compact 7.
• Improved compliance enforcement and tracking, with the ability to create dynamic collections of baseline compliance and generate hourly compliance summaries.
• Platform support for deep mobile device management of Nokia Symbian Belle devices. Pending a platform update by Nokia later this calendar year for these devices, customers will be able to try out the management of Nokia devices with Configuration Manager.
• Additional scalability and performance improvements.
Technet Recommended Reading:-
Getting Started with Configuration Manager 2012 – http://technet.micro…y/gg682144.aspx
What’s New in Configuration Manager – http://technet.micro…y/gg699359.aspx
Supported Configurations for Configuration Manager – http://technet.micro…y/gg682077.aspx
Planning for Site Systems in Configuration Manager – http://technet.micro…y/gg712282.aspx
Install Sites and Create a Hierarchy for Configuration Manager – http://technet.micro…y/gg712320.aspx
Technical Reference for Site Communications in Configuration Manager – http://technet.micro…y/gg712990.aspx
Migrating from Configuration Manager 2007 to Configuration Manager 2012 – http://technet.micro…y/gg682006.aspx
Frequently Asked Questions for Configuration Manager – http://technet.micro…y/gg682088.aspx